- Date/Time: Monday, October 29, 2018 at 9pm ET/6pm PT
- Expected Outage: Up to 4 hours
- Updated Products:
- Access Analytics
- Access Assistant
- Access Continuum
- Access University
New! The Manual Testing Wizard
Manual testing is easier than ever with the new Manual Testing Wizard added to Access Assistant. Select the “WCAG Baseline” option from the Manual Testing button on any module in Access Assistant to launch the wizard, which boasts step-by-step instructions. The Manual Testing Wizard allows users to run a baseline set of tests that minimize the total amount of manual testing necessary in order to achieve maximum results.
Access Analytics: Download “All Page” Reports and More
A new “Download” button has been added to the Access Analytics reports that display risk scores, violations, and other data for all monitored pages. By selecting this button, users can download all of the data to a CSV file. Additionally, a number of small improvements and bug fixes have been made to improve the overall user experience, with many more scheduled for the coming months.
Access Continuum: More Methods, Documentation, and Sample Projects
Access Continuum has been expanded to make the configuration and testing process easier.
- New methods have been added to APIs to enable more targeted testing, such as only running tests for specific Best Practices, specific Standards or for issues with specific severity ratings.
- Users can now access all available information about violations, including remediation recommendations, regardless of whether or not they have an AMP license.
- A new Junit for Java sample project has been added, available for download from the AMP Toolbox.
The API updates are fully documented in the accompanying JavaDocs and JSDocs included with the downloadable projects, as well as on the AMP Support Site (available here).
Access University Updates
The Microsoft Office courses have recently been updated to incorporate materials on the latest versions of all of the Microsoft Office products. An AMP course for new users has been released and can be found in the “Level Access Products” section of University. A number of other courses are in the process of being updated or built for release by the end of 2018:
- NEW! WCAG 2.1
- Accessibility Audit Methodology – a complete refresh is in the works
- Access University and Access Assistant – new courses are being added to the Level Access Products section to train users on these two software products
A (Slightly) New Look for all Level Access Software Products
We love our company colors, but we agree with our customers that they are best in small doses. All of our software products have been updated to use a subtler color palette, with our company colors used for accents.