The 'Best Practices' section within the 'Guidance' tab in AMP contains AMP's extensive Best Practice Library, with multiple filtering features.
The Best Practices tab in AMP gives the user a view of all of the Best Practices across their organization. It is customizable via the 'Change Columns' action icon.
In order to add or remove columns, users can follow these steps:
1. Navigate to the Best Practices Tab
2. Select the 'Change Columns' button, located in the upper right-hand region of the page visually (the screenshot below also shows its location)
3. Select and de-select the columns that they would like displayed in the table.
Available columns for the table include:
- Best Practice - The name of the best practice
- Platform - The type of technology the best practice is written for
- Media Type - The sub section of the technology type that the best practice is for
- S - The Severity rating for the best practice: Severity is a measure of how large an impact on the user experience a violation of the best practice will have.
- N - The noticeability rating for the best practice: Noticeability is the likelihood that a given violation will be detected by users of a system.
- T - The tractability rating for the best practice: Tractability defines the estimated costs associated with ensuring that instances of a violation are fixed in accordance with the best practice.
Note, for more information regarding AMP's SNT ratings, please see our AMP Prioritization Model page.
Filter Best Practices
The 'Filter Best Practices' sidebar allows for the customization of the 'Best Practices' table as well, allowing for a more robust reporting experience. Users can filter best practices based on key words, media type, and standard. Users are able to reset the table to the default view as well.
The 'Keywords' form field allows for the filtering of best practices into only those that contain your search text. This will search the details of the BP as well as any text that is associated with that BP.
Filter by Platform/Media Type
Users can filter by media type by selecting the dropdown in the 'Platform/Media Type' section of the 'Filter Best Practices' table. Media types and/or platforms can be checked off and users can select the 'Filter' button in order to filter the table.
Filtering By Standard
There are two ways to filter by standard in the Best Practices section of AMP. Users can filter to only see Best Practices mapped to your organization by ensuring that the 'Organization Standards Only' checkbox is checked. Users can also filter the best practices displayed based on a specific standard that they select from the 'Standard' dropdown menu.
Standard - This lets users filter based on Standard, such as 'WCAG 2.0 A', 'WCAG 2.0 AA', etc.. Users can filter based on one or more standards, allowing them to customize their view in various different ways.