AMP provides for a variety of different user types within the system that define various different user scenarios for accessing AMP. This is provided in addition to Access Control Lists (ACL) for systems and reports to determine what content and functionality any given user has access to in the system. AMP currently supports the following user types:
- Viewer – Viewer users can access the system and view reports that they are explicitly given access to. In general Viewer type accounts should be provided only to users that need to access system and report content but don't need to be able to address any of the issues associated with a report or perform an audit.
- Evaluator – The user is evaluating the system and has limited access to all the features of AMP. This user type is set automatically for any user that does not have a current, valid license.
- Standard User – This user is a fully licensed user of AMP. This means that the user has access to AMP, and can use all the AMP features. The user does not have access to any administration features or settings. This user type is set automatically for any user that has a valid license and is not an Organization Administrator or System Administrator.
- Organization Administrator – This user is an administrator for an entire organization. They have the ability to access a variety of different organization settings, which include the Organization Testing Control settings. They can create, remove, edit and delete organization members, create Assets, AMP Tests and modify all reports within an organization. They are capable of performing any activities that are restricted to their organization.
- System Administrator – System Administrators are Level Access employees, partners or AMP instance Administrators. They have full access to modify all system content including best practices, test definitions and standard definitions. They can access and modify all organizations in AMP and perform all the organization administration tasks available to Organization Administrators.
AMP's navigation structure uses a system of 'progressive disclosure' that ensures that for any given page the user has access only to links that the user can act on. This allows for a unified look at data that provides a user access to all those functions that they can act on and restricts action for any disallowed actions.
User Type Matrix
The User Type Matrix below lists the three user types utilized in AMP, and the available amp features. If the user type can access a given feature, the corresponding cell will be marked with a "Yes", and if not the cell is blank.
|Viewer User||Standard User||Organization Administrator|
|Access Support Site||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Access AMP Report (With Permissions)||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Access AMP Asset (With Permissions)||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Access Best Practice Library||Yes||Yes|
|Access Toolbox Tab||Yes||Yes|
|Use Access Assistant Toolbar||Yes||Yes|
|Edit Asset (With Permissions)||Yes||Yes|
|Edit Report (With Permissions)||Yes||Yes|
|Perform Manual Testing||Yes||Yes|
|Add Use Cases||Yes||Yes|
|Export Report Tables||Yes||Yes|
|Change Project Permissions||Yes, with editor permissions||Yes|
|Change Report Permissions||Yes, with editor permissions||Yes|
|Access AMP Report (Without Permissions)||Yes|
|Access AMP Asset (Without Permissions)||Yes|
|Edit Asset (Without Permissions)||Yes|
|Edit Report (Without Permissions)||Yes|
|Access Administrative Tab||Yes|
|Change Organization testing Controls||Yes|
|Customize Severity Mapping||Yes|
|Add Child Organization||Yes|