When viewing the Violation Instances report in AMP, users with the appropriate permissions are able to see bug tracker tickets that have been created from any violation instances in the report. Users are also able to create bug tracker tickets from instances within this report.
NOTE: If the AMP organization is connected to a Jira instance and the current user is not authenticated into Jira, the user will be prompted to authorize the connection to the Jira instance before an issue can be viewed or created from AMP. Once the user authorizes the connection, the user will be returned to AMP where the Jira options can be viewed.
Viewing Linked Bug Tracker Tickets
The Violation Instances report will display any bug tracker tickets that have been created from any instances, along with the status of that ticket. Note that this data is only displayed to users with the permissions to view the ticket and its status in the linked bug trackjer. To view linked tickets:
- Select the Select Columns button in the header of the Violation Instances report.
- In the Select Columns modal, enable the Bug Tracking Issues column and close the modal.
- The Bug Tracking Issues column will be added as the last column in the grid.
Create Bug Tracker Tickets from AMP
To create a bug tracker ticket from a violation instance in AMP:
- Select the action button ()for the violation instance.
- In the action menu, select the Create Bug Tracking Ticket option.
- In the Create Bug Tracking Ticket modal, first select the project in the linked bug tracker, as well as the issue type to be created. Note that only those projects and issue types that have been enabled by the organization admin AND that are accessible to the current user in the linked bug tracker will be available for selection.
- Select the Next button to move on to the next step.
- On the subsequent page, complete the relevant fields. Note that some fields may be auto-populated with data from the violation instance, depending on configuration by the admin.
- Select the Submit button to create the JIRA issue.
- Upon form submission, the grid will be refreshed, and the linked JIRA issue should now appear in the Bug Tracking Issues column.